a beginner

Thursday, August 14, 2008

What should people say in their first blog?
Especially when I about to dedicated this blog mostly for my tatting project. It's a bit embarassing since I just leart about tatting for this past 6 months. Nothing special made or even created something new.
I started my lesson with my aunt 6 months ago, in a very short time (since I have to come home) with a very limited memory about the basic. Fortunately...I DID IT ^_^
Second lesson, 2 months later, is about join, and ring and chain using 2 threads. Once again I only had a very very very short time to learn from her (half hour for exact). I also only have 1 shuttles, 2 balls of thread and I had no patterns AT ALL to practice.
With a full spirit of tatting...I hunt in every bookstore in singapore, and finally I found ONE book (yeaaap just one thin book) in Kinokuniya. But I was sooo happy about that book.
Never had enough about the pattern...I'm sorry for all tatters who had create original pattern, I grab every pattern I found in the internet, never mean to steal it, just trying to find more and more patterns to practice on. (Your patterns are lovely,by the way)
Well, now I already had hundreds of pattern ( mostly from the internet), 3 shuttles, colourful balls of thread, some beads, and of course a usefull bag to put everything in. I'll show some photos of it next time.
Haa...that's how I start tatting...and I'm not gonna stop now...
So till next time...happy tatting ^_^

3 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Welcome to Tatworld! You will not regret picking up the shuttle. There is nothing to be embarassed about.
Now that you have started a blog about your tatting, the next step is to add photos of your tatting. What is the use of just talking about it. We all want to see pictures! You can even ask questions in your blog if you are stuck, and there are many helpful tatters who will post comments and replies.

You will enjoy the adventure.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Thank you for your comment on my Free Shuttle post...I am sorry but I could not locate my link on your page.....

Unknown said...

Welcome!
Hi! I noticed that your badge to "One World One Heart" doesn't have a link to the actual OWOH blog! Be sure to get the code for the badge so it links back to her and email Lisa Swiftka with you blog post link about the giveaway so she can add your blog to the list of participants so you can be an official participant! Here's her link and all her instructions are there:
http://oneworldoneheart.typepad.com/

 
Big World of Tatting. Design by Pocket